April 22, 2015

Attendees:

  • Jill Bjers
  • Davida Jackson
  • Scott Lundgren
  • Peter Maio
  • Twyla McDermott
  • Keri Shearer
  • Chris Sunde
  • Jim Van Fleet

 

Subject

Notes

Portfolio Initiative

Chris provided a brief update on the portfolio.  A few highlights . . .

  • Adopt-A Project – project team changing to Ruby, implication is that the support model will follow Citygram support model.
  • 311 – new volunteer expressed interest.  Jill will facilitate meeting with Janice Quintana (manager for 311).
  • Kindness project – new volunteer expressed interest in a Kindness “diary”.  Twyla indicated there may be a connection with development of a baseline Happiness metric, a KPI for the Environment focus area.

Space will no longer be available for Hack Nights at 809 W. Hill Street.  Monday 4/27 Hack Night will take place at Fuel at South and East Boulevards.  Jill will investigate additional options for meeting space.

Brigade Participation Engagement Hypothesis

Jill and Chris reported that they having brigade volunteers sign in at each meeting and asking for skill sets.  There is an effort at each meeting to greet each new volunteer and get them busy as soon as possible.  They will aggregate information from sign in sheets and be able to report back to CfA prior to National Day of Civic Hacking, June 6.

Citygram

Jim provided an update on Citygram, including the following:

  • New York City Brigade is actively doing development aimed at merging their fork back into the Charlotte Brigade’s.  Charlotte will reap the benefit of any features developed by NYC.  Jim is influencing NYC to make changes to the Unsubscribe functionality to make it more user-friendly.
  • The Pending Rezonings dataset is nearing readiness to be published.  Twyla suggested a press release should accompany the publishing.  Marsie Sigman (sp?) from the Planning Department joined the meeting briefly and will follow up with Twyla.
  • CfA acting as fiscal agent is sending funding from the City of Charlotte to the CfC Brigade.

Scott raised an issue that he is finding some missing and/or inconsistent data in some of the datasets.  In particular pictures of public art are not consistent.  Keri concurred.  Twyla encouraged people to report data problems through the feedback mechanism on the website.

Open Budget

Jim reported that he is still awaiting additional data.  He needs data for testing, the actual values of the fields can be fictitious, the formats of the data are important.  Twyla will follow up to see if some test data can be released.

Insta-Deployable Apps

The Committee reiterated its position that we should drive notification apps to Citygram rather than deploy separate notification apps that may be available from CfA.

Scott agreed to investigate the Socrata module that would enable citizen input.  Jill will provide contact info of Reid Sarcozi to Scott.

2015 Multi-City Innovation Campaign

We were too late to make the submission date.  Opportunities like this will come around again.

Impact3 / 501(c)(3)

Jill and Jim reported their activities with Impact3 focused on organizational structure and 501(c)(3) status.  Next step is to draft By Laws.  Peter and Jill agreed to work on this.  Goal is to have a draft in advance of May 13-14 Impact 3 Legal Workshop.

Other

Keri will secure space for the next Committee meeting – Friday, May 29, 11:30am –1:00pm.

Jill will send meeting invitation.

Notes

You can view the new website work in progress at http://stagingcfc.rileychilds.net/ .

Leave a Reply

  • Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

© 2016 Code For Charlotte