August 20, 2014

Attendees:

  • Jill Bjers
  • Davida Jackson
  • Scott Lundgren
  • Peter Maio
  • Twyla McDermott
  • Keri Shearer
  • Jim Van Fleet
  • Tom Warshauer

Subject

Notes

Mission Statement

Jill reviewed proposed mission statement.   Twyla proposed some active voice edits.  Committee approved the statement, subject to Jill’s edits.  Subsequently Jill posted revised statement to Basecamp:

We use technology as a tool to bridge the gap between citizens and local government, by either finding existing tools or creating new ones.  Our focus is coordinating the needs and problems, great and small, our communities face and using our combined skills, voice and passion for improvements for all of Charlotte’s citizens.

Scott will incorporate Mission Statement to CfC web site.

Communications

Jill and Davida agreed to contact Social Media Club of Charlotte with the intention of recruiting a communications team.

Jill highlighted two areas of priority for pushing out more information:

  • Hackstock
  • How to donate

Volunteer Feedback

Jill agreed to review feedback from previous surveys and share feedback with Committee at next meeting.

Citygram

Twyla summarized as follows: The Fire Department acquired a competing solution which will be going live at some future time.  At that point, some or all of the project’s responsibilities may be transitioned.  In that event, Citygram would be transferred to the Brigade for maintenance.

Citygram is on track to launch with City support and maintenance in October.  It will be positioned as a product of the Open Data Portal– both to raise awareness and incite desire to contribute data inside government.

The committee reviewed the “Citygram and Everbridge Co-Existence Proposed Solution” and accepts it.  Twyla will report decision to the City and provide any update back to this Executive Committee at September meeting.

Review active project / initiative list

Jill will follow up with Adam to get current list and inform Executive Committee.

For Hack Night 8/25, the Committee agreed to focus volunteer activities on the following:

  • Charlotte Answers
  • Adopt-a-“Thing”
  • Youth Portal
  • Local Wiki

Any volunteer not seeking to work on one of the above will be encouraged to interact with a senior brigade member to discuss areas of interest and potential activities.

Committee agreed to push Accela to October Hack Night.

CATS RFP Process

Jim provided context and timeline of the CATS RFP.  Given the short timeline to prepare a response, the Committee agreed on the following:

  • Jim will write up the issue and post to the forum
  • Jim will mention at 8/25 Hack Night
  • Jim will attend the 8/28 CATS Vendor Conference – and potentially invite any interested Brigade members to join him
  • The Brigade will not provide a formal Proposal to the RFP

Other

We agreed to defer the discussion of the Foreign Service Concept to a future meeting.

Tom secured the same space for the next Committee meeting – Thursday, September 18, 6:00pm – 8:00pm.  Jill sent meeting invitation.

There will not be a Hack Night in September due to competing events for Brigade leadership.

Leave a Reply

  • Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

© 2016 Code For Charlotte