November 16, 2015

Attendees:

  • Jill Bjers
  • Peter Maio
  • Twyla McDermott
  • Keri Shearer
  • Chris Sunde
  • Jim Van Fleet

 

Subject

Notes

Mobile Engagement Strategy

The Brigade is accepting the challenge of delivering a Mobile Engagement Strategy and gathering citizen input on the delivery of mobile digital services.

Jill waiting on venue confirmation – CMS Professional Development Center at Spaugh Middle School.  Proposed dates – 12/3, 12/4, or 12/7.

Jim will prepare a Skilled Volunteer Engagement proposal to provide for venue coordination, facilities, logistics, and consulting and provide to Twyla.

Looking to engage David Phillips at Faster Glass Consulting – services to include pre-meeting discussion, meeting facilitation with several facilitators, report, and post-meeting review of report.

Jill is scheduling upcoming meeting with David.  Jill will also inform Twyla with regard to food for the event.

Jill will draft an invitation with an RSVP.

Presentation to City Council

Jim proposed targeting early next year for the presentation

Recap of Action Items:

  • Jill/Jim – make existing presentation available to the Executive Committee on Basecamp.  Complete
  • Twyla/Tom – review existing presentation and comment on suitability, suggest edits, etc.  Pending
  • Jill – ask CfA for additional material.  Complete
  • Twyla/Tom –strategize on getting slot on City Manager meeting.  Target October or early November.  Pending
  • Jill/Jim – keep eyes and ears open at CfA Summit for experiences and/or best practices for Procurement, RFPs, Purchasing, etc.  (It was agreed to make this a topic for an upcoming meeting – target February.)

TO DO: Erica will take a look at existing presentation and outline from previous Executive Committee Meeting and begin a working draft presentation.  Pending

Winter Holiday Gift Exchange

Jill and Chris provided an update.  A new form was created, but the back end database was not completed.

Jill will prepare a Skilled Volunteer Engagement proposal for CMPD for Phase 2 work.

Other

Jim mentioned that the Citygram Grant requires renewal.

TO DO: Jim will provide a proposed value for the grant and an agreement to Twyla.

Open Budget

Jim informed that it is under final review with Karen Whichard and timing for deployment is still to be decided.

Adopt a Thing

Chris provided an update.  Chris, Jill, and Jim agreed to collaborate on producing a Procedures Document that would describe work intake procedures with volunteer recruitment.  A Skilled Volunteer Engagement proposal is the outcome.

Future Meetings

Consider the following topics for future Executive Committee Meetings:

  • Cultivation event with CfA – December.
  • Discussion of Best Practices – February.

Holiday Party

The Committee agreed on a date of 12/22, 7:00pm-10:00pm for a Holiday Party at Industry Charlotte.  Subsequent to this meeting Jill sent a meeting invitation.

December Meeting

December Meeting:  Thursday, December 17, 11:00pm – 12:30pm at Industry Charlotte.  Subsequent to this meeting Jill sent new meeting invitation.

Notes

You can view the new website at http://www.codeforcharlotte.org/ .

© 2018 Code For Charlotte